Excellent experience start to finish – always very responsive to any queries and the turnaround on the property I was buying was very quick, even in the busy time leading up to stamp duty deadline. Jenny was always very helpful and went above and beyond to close on a short timescale.
The news that visiting estates agents, viewing property and proceeding with house sales and purchases are now permitted under the easing of coronavirus lockdown conditions in England is an incredibly welcome development.
From Wednesday 13th May, the following are permitted as long as the government’s social distancing rules are adhered to and no-one involved is suffering from, or showing symptoms of, Covid-19:
- Visiting estate or letting agents, developer sales offices or show homes
- Viewing residential properties to look for a property to buy or rent
- Preparing a residential property to move in
- Moving home
- Visiting a residential property to undertake any activities required for the rental or sale of that property
- Surveys can now also take place
A list of advice has also been issued covering how in-person house viewing needs to work:
- The seller should open all internal doors and allow access to handwashing facilities
- Sellers are also encouraged to vacate their property during the viewing
- All parties involved in the viewing should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces
- Estate agents should follow social distancing rules whenever possible
It’s been a couple of tough months since the coronavirus thunder bolt hit the property market but my hope is that it will be a shot in the arm and will help to get things (and people) moving after £82bn worth of transactions were put on hold.
Jennifer and her colleagues in the Property team offer legal advice and assistance for a number of property transactions, including conveyancing for buying or selling, letting, ownership changes (including transfer to joint names, shared equity, equity release and transfer of equity) and tenancy agreements.
You can also contact Jennifer via email@example.com or call 0161 832 3304.